Friday, August 18, 2006

Getting started

It took me a little bit, but now that I'm into this blogging thing, it might be fun!

As I was reading about the 71/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners, I started thinking about how much more I have to learn! There are many goals I set and wish to set, but often I don't follow through. Hopefully this will give me an opportunity to change that habit! I think the habit I find easiest would be viewing problems as challenges. Don't get me wrong, I can be just as negative as anyone else and I don't always have the "Pollyanna" attitude. However, I usually see the silver lining. After a difficult problem or situation I'm almost always grateful because I know that I've learned so much and can put it on my list of experiences.

The hardest habit for me is to have confidence in myself as a competent, effective learner. This is an action I would LOVE to make habitual! I don't have too much trouble believing that I can learn everyday tasks, but when you put it in a class format or make it more "official" sounding, my confidence dwindles. I'm going to try to "unlearn" my bad habits and implement new positive ones!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Having confidence in yourself was the whole point of the tutorial! Glad you got it Emily!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home